Monday, March 23, 2009

Awakenings

I think that the first day of feeling better after you've been sick for what seems like forever is the BEST. Simple things like being able to breathe through your nose, not having a pounding headache, or being able to walk to the kitchen and back without being exhausted feel totally amazing. Maybe that's why we get checked with sickness every so often, so that we realize how amazing feeling normal and healthy is. Definitely won't take that for granted this week, or probably a long time afterward. I feel like I just woke up after a long and fabulous nap.

In other news, I think Spring has finally arrived. FINALLY. Trees are flowering, bulbs are blooming, and things are really greening up. It felt so nice to be out in the sunshine this weekend. I may have let the Spring excitement get the best of me, and definitely made a not so cheap trip to the greenhouse this weekend. Bought nine kinds of herbs and a tomato plant that I put in some planters on my porch. I know, I know...tomato planting season isn't for almost another month, but I figured I can bring the planters in at night for the next few weeks. Oh yeah, also bought two spring dresses (not from the greenhouse, obvs). Oops. Stopped by Target and Lowes too and checked out some porch furniture. Didn't buy any of that yet, but found an awesome retro-looking set that I'm highly considering.I'll check my excitement for that at least until next pay period.

Another reason I think Spring is here for real...the random duck chilling on the concrete railing outside my window at work today.

Hey there duck. I really like your green head. Say hi to your mother for me.

No comments: