Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finding Your Glasses



How much do I love Regina Spektor? This much <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> ...and more.

She just released a new album titled Far, and like her previous, it is magical. I can definitely hear a little influence from her recent work with Ben Folds.

I heard a great interview with Regina on NPR's Morning Edition this morning, in which she talks about singing in the shower, forgetting the lyrics, and finding "glasses" at an early age that opened up Beatles songs to her in an entirely new way.

Listen to the interview in it's entirety here. Her new song Eet will give you chills.

(photo courtesy Stuart Leech)

1 comment:

Jacks1740 said...

I was just thinking this morning that I would buy a new CD over lunch. Thanks for the info!