Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Don't Do Mornings


I shouldn't be asked to do anything that accounts for more than getting myself out of bed, dressed, and out the door in the mornings. Today is a perfect example of this.

We're celebrating a co-worker's birthday at the office today. We all offered to bring some breakfasty food for the party. I said that I would bring my french toast casserole, which is always a big hit, and really easy because it is prepped the night before and just popped in the oven in the morning.

Set my alarm a little early, preheated the oven, popped the casserole in, and proceeded to get ready. Forty minutes later the timer goes off, I take it out, pack it up, and head out the door, congratulating myself for being so on top of things today. What's missing from this listing of events?.....

....oh right, it was ME TURNING THE OVEN OFF!!

This would be significantly less bad if I still lived close to work, but currently I'm at a 45 minute, one-way commute on a good day. That and my low fuel light started blinking a few blocks from work this morning.

Going to have to try to be extra speedy and make it there and back over lunch. *sigh* This is why I don't even let myself use a curling iron before work.

(Photo courtesy nutmeg66)

No comments: