Monday, February 2, 2009

Q: What's Black and White and Red All Over?


A: Me, in my work clothes, covered in the milk I just dumped all over myself in the grocery store checkout lane...humiliated.


Yeah...this was me today. Stopped by the grocery store after work, list in hand. I breezed through and made my way to the self-checkout. I sat my basket on the platform and started scanning my stuff. Then, in slow-mo, I realized just too late that I'd upset the balance of the basket. My half-gallon bottle, GLASS BOTTLE, of milk is on the outside edge of the basket. The basket, the milk, two limes, and my shampoo all crashed to the floor. Of course the glass shattered and the milk exploded all over the floor, the basket, and my shoes. I literally had milk IN my shoes...my WORK SHOES. GAH!! Sometimes, I am such a nerd.

To make matters worse, it was a frosty, half-gallon of Shatto 1%....my favorite. What a waste!! Uggggh!

I must have been five shades of red. At least no one taunted me...


Ok, it's true, I just put that in there to distract you. What? You still remember that I completely embarrassed myself...in public...? Yeah me too.

(Photo courtesy zoomar)

No comments: