Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Discriminatory Snacker

There comes a time in every office worker's life when he or she finds themselves in need of a between meals pick-me-up. I usually try to plan ahead and have healthy stuff on hand for just such an emergency. Still, there are days when I find myself with a rumbly tummy, no go-to's in stock, and a pocket full of quarters. This is dangerous, friends.

I make my way upstairs to the dreaded vending machine, knowing already what will happen. I scan quickly and punch in the same number as always, watch the crunchy foil bag drop, and claim my prize.

I'm going to make a confession. I am a snack discriminator. Hostess Cupcakes?...cute, but come on, that frosting is pretty gross. Chips? Too much salt. Those 'real juice' gummies? Fail...try again. I can think of a reason that every brightly packaged snack staring out of the glowing vending machine is a bad choice...that is, except for my beloved Mini Chips Ahoy. I'm not going to claim their healthiness above others, or wholesome ingredients. We all know they're chock full of all kinds of refined garbage and sugar like the rest, but for some reason they have a special place in my heart. Oh, how I love that little blue bag, and nothing else will ever do it for me quite the same :) (photo courtesy jaac. )

No comments: